Our school got IB authorization in 2003. It was re-accredited in 2007 by the International Regional Office commission.
What is IB?
International Baccalaureate (IB) - international non-government organization, having consultative status in UNESCO and European Council. 3736 (including 18 in Russia) schools belong to IB, located in 147 countries. IB diploma is accepted in 1300 universities in 104 countries (including Oxford, Cambridge, Harvard, Yale, Sorbonne, London School of Economics etc.) Central IB headquarters is in Geneve, Switzerland. Examination centre is in Cardiff (Great Britain).
When, where and who created IB??
Program, later on being called IB, has been developed in 1920-1960 as a universal course for the best student providing the preparatory course to the universities in different countries.
International School in Geneva and UN school in New York were unification initiators. IBO was created in 1968. Middle Years Programme was created in 1991 and became an important step in preparation to the Diploma Programme.
Earlier there was no unified internationally recognised exam system and curriculum. IB is the way to solve this problem. Developed as two-year course, IB was created for the general personal development. Level of students’ knowledge, finished IB, conforms entry exams requirements in universities in different countries, this course contains all the best elements of different school programs.
IB schools in different countries offer it, because:
· IB gives students lots of academic possibilities
· IB conforms the most strict academic standards
· Best world universities trust IB standards
· IB is recognised in the majority of countries
What specifications does MYP have?
Main MYP principles are:
◦ Education holism
◦ Intercultural understanding in the environment
◦ Communication (skills development)
Every MYP school member is trying to find their own ways of realisation, adding the experience, that afterwards is shared with other members. MYP approaches to learning is based on the following principles:
◦ Dynamic - constant attention to the student activity during the education
◦ Activity, creating conditions for the natural curiousity, their interest and aiming for the self-work while solving problems
◦ Education process holism, link with all the subjects
◦ Critical thinking - ability to evaluate the information source, predict the concequences of actions
◦ Ratio between skills and knowledge. It is relative as skills always require knowledge and vice versa.
◦ Experience and justification. Student has to go through differen experience that he can reflect on. Your own experience is better memorized.
◦ Aim for knowledge, understanding the knowledge role as a tool to expand the possibilities of choosing the activity areas.
We will be glad to answer your questions!
+7 495 750-31-02